Friday, April 2, 2021

Celebrating 10 Years of Blogging!

On this day, 10 years ago, I published my first post. To be quite honest, I'm not sure why I specifically started this blog in April 2011 but I do remember becoming more interested in education and educational justice as I reflected on my time at Wellesley College and as a Lynn public school graduate. Namely, I considered the ways in which divestment, the overemphasis on standardized testing and an opportunity gap factored into my experience at an elite, predominantly white liberal arts college (located in Wellesley, MA). 

So in that contemplation, An Education was born. 

Since that time I have had the opportunity to interact with so many wonderful individuals, some I only know through Twitter and others I have been fortunate enough to meet in real life (shout out to Tracy Novick and Jennifer Berkshire for being early supporters of my blog and also providing much needed guidance at times). I have worked with Lynn Parents Organizing for a Better Education. Moderated a few Lynn School Committee debates. Grilled local and municipal candidates for office. Given presentations on the Massachusetts public school funding formula (my favorite topic). Hosted a book club with the authors of A Wolf at the Schoolhouse Door. Gotten a book signed by Diane Ravitch. 

While life circumstances have gotten in the way in last few years and I have not been able to blog as much as I would like lately - I'm still celebrating ::shrugs:: 

To celebrate the last decade, here are some of my favorite posts: 

2 comments:

  1. Lortab is made up of a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. These two ingredients work together to relieve pain. In Lortab, acetaminophen is used to release fever and hydrocodone changes the way your body feels and responds to pain. If you want to know or Buy Lortab Online At Cheapest Rate, then you can definitely check the link below.

    Check it out:- Buy Lortab Online At Cheapest Rate

    Contact us:- https://pharmacyorderonline.com/contact-us/

    ReplyDelete